Many in the audience were upset with our government due to the misuse of taxpayer dollars, and our diminishing rights to real food. The movie portrayed policies that attacked small farmers who employed local, organic and sustainable practices.
We like to stay POSITIVE, and focus on what we CAN DO! Read more below:
1. Over 200 people showed up to watch the pre-premiere of Farmageddon. We ran out of chairs and it was standing room only. This shows that a lot of people care about food freedom.
2. We raised over $700 for the Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund and the Weston A. Price Foundation. Please consider joining the Weston A. Price Foundation, and the Farms to Consumers Legal Defense Fund. This will allow us to build our membership and connect with local chapters across the country. Click Here to Become a Member or Donate.
3. We are working to gather signature for the LabelGMOs.org campaign to place an initiative on the ballot to require labeling of GMO's in California - Click here for more information.
4. Read the story of Selma Rubins to the Rescue at the Farmaggedon event and follow her example.
5. Come to one of our meetings, not only to educate yourself and have fun, but also to meet new friends and ensure that our children will have healthy and safe food sources to pass on to their children. The next two events are:
- July 21 - Nourishing Our Children Movie
- July 31 - Potluck and Mini-Fermentation Workshop at Shepherd Farms